Two 2-step calls are due to launch in early December 2013, with a likely first stage (pre-proposal submission) deadline of February 2014.
The EU Joint Programme Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is implementing the priorities identified in itsResearch Strategy through a range of large-scale programmatic initiatives.
During the first phase of implementation (2012-2014), JPND anticipates the launch of JPND Joint Transnational Calls each year to address high priority areas in neurodegenerative disease research*.
JPND expects to launch two Joint Transnational Calls later this year aimed at supporting transnational collaborations in the field of neurodegenerative disease research. The 2-step calls are anticipated to launch in early December 2013, with a likely first stage (pre-proposal submission) deadline of February 2014.
Further detail will be provided here on the call launch date. However, the indicative titles of each call are provided below:
A call for European research projects for Cross-Disease Analysis of Pathways related to Neurodegenerative Diseases
The aim of the call is to establish a limited number of ambitious, innovative, multi-national and multi-disciplinary collaborative research projects that;
- combine experimental approaches from fundamental, pre-clinical and/or clinical with computational approaches
- perform network analyses in different neurodegenerative and other chronic diseases to elucidate the underlying mechanisms common and differing in the investigated diseases
- will add value to existing research by analysing diseases across traditional clinical boundaries, thereby gaining deeper understanding of the patho-physiological mechanisms of the diseases.
A call for European research projects for Pilot Studies on Preventive Strategies related to Neurodegenerative Diseases
The aim of the call is to establish pilot initiatives to develop preventive strategies. Proposals should entail multidisciplinary studies which may focus on new paradigms for multimodal preventive interventions including culture specific aspects, on harmonisation initiatives, or on proof-of-concept, and feasibility studies. Proposals may include research-based evaluation of interventions and validation of outcome measures.
- For both calls, JPND will pilot the use of a new online partnering tool. The tool will enable call applicants to showcase their research groups expertise, search for appropriate partners, pitch call-related ideas and draft their pre- and full-proposals online. The tool will be made available through the JPND website, and will be announced in a JPND News alert in November 2013.Sign up here for JPND website alerts.
- All information regarding future JPND Call topics is indicative and subject to change.
* The JPND diseases are:
Alzheimers disease (AD) and other dementias, Parkinsons disease (PD) and PD-related disorders, Prion disease, Motor neurone diseases (MND), Huntingtons Disease (HD), Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA), Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)