The 2019 Research and Innovation Strategy provides a roadmap for future investment in research to improve prevention, diagnosis, treatment and patient care for neurodegenerative diseases.
It builds on and updates the framework set out in the original Research Strategy that was released in 2012 to ensure that it continues to have impact in the research community and among policymakers. Launched on 23rd April 2019, the 2019 edition was published following consultations with JPND’s stakeholder communities.
The strategy identifies five thematic priorities for future research:
- The origins and progression of neurodegenerative disease
- Disease mechanisms and models
- Diagnosis, prognosis and disease definitions
- Developing therapies, preventive strategies and interventions
- Healthcare and social care
Download a copy of the JPND Research and Innovation Strategy here.
Download an Executive Summary of the Research and Innovation Strategy here.
JPND interviews SAB Chair Professor Thomas Gasser.